The Domestic Violence Act covers:

  • Physical violence
  • Economical abuse
  • Emotional abuse

What is economical abuse?
When you are in any domestic relationship and your partner withholds economical or monetary funds.

What can I do if I am a victim of Economical abuse?

  • Burden Swart & Botha attorneys will assist you to apply to the Domestic Violence Court, for urgent relief, in order for them to pay you a certain amount of money. This is, however, only emergency economic relief.
  • For any further relief we can assist you to approach the Maintenance Court.

Our attorneys at Burden Swart & Botha care about our clients and about your safety. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for help, we are here to assist you in your time of need.