BURDEN SWART & BOTHA ATTORNEYS DO BASIC WILLS FOR FREE – ALL YEAR ROUND!
(Not just during this National Wills Week)
So, during lockdown, you’ve cleaned the house, re-packed all your cupboards, and have watched all of the seasons of your favorite series, but you never got around to updating your will, or worse, you don’t have one!
Now is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of our free service and start planning for what happens when you’re no longer here. Speaking about wills and death is not necessarily anyone’s preferred conversation – but taking control of your affairs and knowing what will happen to your loved ones and your assets after your passing may set your mind at ease.
As a point of departure, let’s set out exactly what a will is.
- A will is a written document in which you set out your wishes and instructions about what should be done with your remains, assets and family members, which of course should also meet the legal requirements set out by the laws of our country.
- A will is a necessity. Most legal practitioners highly recommend having your will written up, irrespective of age or health status, in order to prevent unwanted people from inheriting, in order to speed up the administration process and of course to give you control of specific assets which you may want to leave to specific beneficiaries.
- In a nutshell, if you don’t already have a will – have one written up. It is not as time consuming as many people believe. If you have minor children, this may be especially important for deciding who the legal guardian of your children will be in the event of your passing.
If you already have a will, it may be a good idea to dust it off and have another look at it.
- Have you had more children?
- Perhaps you have acquired a new property or moved into a new home.
- Your will should at all times reflect your current situation with all life changes.
We at Burden Swart & Botha Attorneys would be honored to assist you, in drafting a basic will, free of charge. We will draft even the most complicated l will effortlessly.
We are able to consult via:
- Meeting at our offices
- Zoom meeting
- Email applications
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for professional advice.